VAW PAC works closely with the Oregon Alliance to End Violence Against Women in order to align our endorsement process with the legislative priorities identified as most important by advocates and survivors.
VAW PAC priorities for the 2015 legislative session include:
- Funding for services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault through the Oregon Domestic and Sexual Violence Services Fund.
- Funding for vital Safety Net services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, including Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TADVS), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and food stamps (SNAP benefits).
- Funding for the Domestic Violence DHS Co-Located Advocate Program.
- Providing safety and justice for victims of revenge porn and other uses of technology to harass and intimidate.
- Improving safety for women and children by implementing federal legislation that restricts abusers’ access to firearms.